Friday, December 27, 2019

Clearing the Backlog


Correction: 191 subscribers for me, 5 for my brother. The video editor on my new laptop will take some getting used to, but at least it works, unlike the version on the one that just died. My original laptop still randomly shuts off, but after what happened to the last one (which is 8 years old and they still couldn’t get a replacement battery for it), I will have to prepare myself for the inevitable. I got rid of Google AdSense and my HubPages accounts too. They were being threatened by CCPA, the California version of COPPA. It’s not being handled any better, since you have to click a button to restrict ads to be in compliance, but when you click ‘save changes,’ nothing happens. I don’t use it anymore, so I had no reason to keep it, but I want to keep YouTube. It’s the Content ID that has me concerned. I didn’t care if copyright holders wanted to put ads on my videos if it meant I could keep them up. However, we can’t trust YouTube, especially since they use language like “We trust you, but if we think you’re wrong or abusing the system, we can reset your audience settings and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Finally finished reading the Dream Drop Distance novel. We get a short bit with Lea meeting the three good fairies, but that’s pretty much all. I would’ve loved an extra scene of Lea going back to Radiant Garden to tell them what happened before going back and going with Kairi to train with Merlin. Still no insights from Xigbar, so that’s disappointing. I’m adding (probably drawing) a scene with Kagemiya having to comfort Ienzo after Ansem “leaves” because everyone else is busy processing their own grief; Xehanort also gives him the purple tie, saying that he can decide for himself whether or not he’s ready. This of course makes it worse, since Ienzo had wanted Ansem to give it to him as a rite of passage; classic Xehanort trying to help but making it so much worse than it already was. Like, I just got him to stop crying and you come and do this? What’s wrong with you?!

Not surprisingly, Maria doesn’t like hacking and would rather people fight each other to the death. I never noticed before how much Jacques sounded like Beerus because that’s who his voice actor is. The new actor for Qrow is getting better at sounding like him, and Caitlin Glass is Willow Schnee. It’s the return of drunk Winry from the FullMetal Alchemist movie shorts!

My favorite episodes of Steven Universe Future so far are Volleyball and Why So Blue?. I also liked the first episode. Segue: Does the Diamond Authority come from coal? Is it bad I wanted to root for Gilbert Gottfried in the TTG Christmas episode? He was a better Santa anyway.

Adult Swim mashup: Wizard: “Slut dragon!” Bitch Pudding: “Hey, I’M a slut!”

No comments:

Post a Comment