Thursday, September 3, 2020

Trying to Catch Up

I watched the four-episode prelude to Recorded by Arizal, which took an unexpected turn. She wanted to do this with her friends, but the record-keeper she interviewed warned her that it was a solitary experience (and you need lots of toilet paper – topical), and then one of her friends…died? It was left vague. My husband and I have been watching more of the Achievement Hunter livestreams when we can, and I discovered their archive so I went back and watched Lindsay play Stardew Valley by herself. It was also interesting to see Chris, Gus, Barbara, and Blaine race to kill their Sims families first by either drowning, burning, starvation, or a combination thereof.

Mayuko’s voice actress hit it out of the park in episode 12. Can’t wait til the dub of 20 where Laura Bailey gets to say something along the lines of “I’ll be more evil than the devil himself” when referring to the play they’re doing. Episode 23 of Ascendance of a Bookworm is where that clip I saw came from. It was good, but it could’ve been better too. It definitely would’ve been even funnier if someone did an abridged series: “I cleared a shelf just for your magic books. Where are they?” “I lied, they’re not here.” “But my OCD!” Good boy Fran is like Dimitri but without the murderous issue. I would ship him and Vilma if she could move further past her issues. Almost at the end, and it’s definitely taken a turn. Damuel sounded like Ignatz too, but I can’t confirm.

The Melody of Memory box art looks good. I was looking forward to seeing most of the lab scene voiced, but I thought it was Yen Sid talking at first because Cory Burton doesn’t differentiate between him and Ansem enough. Ansem’s character model also looks more like Flynn from Tron, who he may or may not have met in canon. It was nice to hear them reinvent Dearly Beloved as a jazz tune. In the Union X update, Maleficent sums up the story in a nutshell: “How convoluted.” Nomura is Darkness confirmed, lol. Meanwhile, the conversation between the Master of Masters and Luxu is starting to sound like a conversation between Rick and Morty. Even Luxu saying “Sigh” over and over reminds me of a fan comic where Demyx said “Pout” in the same way, adding “I SAID POUT, DAMMIT!” at the end.

I’m trying to think of a royalty-free Christmas song I can use this year, but even music that should be in the public domain gets copyright claimed, including the ones in my video editor. This year’s holiday video will try to focus on Fire Emblem Three Houses, including at least one Seteth Says.

The Nashville hot chicken chips were fire, just as I expected. I ate one and could do no more, though suffered no adverse effects. Just smelling the bag burned my nose. My husband and his friends loved them. I also got to try the regular apple pie Kit Kats, which are cream colored and do not evoke the taste of a McDonald’s apple pie but are just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment