Sunday, September 20, 2026

Shock Twist

Vox Machina season 4 started off great...and then like season 3, they had to do something to ruin it/throw it off course. I get that Pike needs her time to shine given that Ashley wasn’t originally around much, but she had a subplot with her obnoxious/abusive relatives. Not as exciting, I know, but relatable. They certainly didn’t have to kill off Wilhand and then disintegrate Grog. At this point are they even doing Slayer’s Cake? Pike took her cousin away from her aunt and uncle and gave her a job there. Circling back to season 3, people were glad that it didn’t end with A Bard’s Lament and had a more amicable separation of the group (others, of course, were outraged). But then of course they brought it back in season 4 with everyone at each other’s throats. I did like them adding in Laudna, as well as Braius in The Mighty Nein. Grey Griffin still kills it as Delilah Briarwood.

‭I recently rediscovered The Mr. Potato Head Show on YouTube. I only remembered that the show existed because I still have issues of Fox Kids Magazine that I read over and over as a kid. I didn’t remember all the characters or what exactly they were, but I remembered I liked Potato Bug the best (which may explain why I like Niffty). I showed the theme song to my daughter, who has a Mr. Potato Head and a Mrs. Potato head. Then we watched the thirteen episodes three times. I didn’t foresee bonding with my daughter over an obscure Fox Kids show. My husband hadn’t heard of it. I think the appeal was that Mr. Potato Head can be anything, and making a TV show is hard. They also must’ve thought “What if Timmy the Tooth was made of meat?” The voice of Potato Bug also appears in Sid the Science Kid, which my daughter also watches. Jim Henson puppeteers/voices are everywhere! I also got her into Eureeka's Castle, which was written by R.L. Stine in his Jovial Bob Stine days. What a twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment