Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Few Quick Blurbs

I haven't had a lot of time lately, so I probably didn't do as good a job with the latest Alpha and Omega review. That dance number would've been a big-lipped alligator moment if it didn't get used as a plot point instead. It was definitely the weirdest installment, but I still think the clipshow one was the worst. That being said, the Halloween clipshow for Dino Charge was done well, as it was last year. It even tried to include everyone, even though the main five were once again in the spotlight.

I will probably not get the pumpkin marshmallows after all (I was going to put them in hot chocolate, but they are way too big and it would take too long to finish the bag, and it's just way too much sugar). I did, however, get a candy bar that was "pumpkin latte" flavored, but it didn't taste like coffee at all. It tasted like pumpkin and white chocolate, which was far less appealing. The Butterfinger skull I bought was much better but smooth instead of crunchy. I'm not sure if I'll end up getting any more candy for various reasons (sugar being one of them), but if I do I might be looking for some holiday-themed version of a Crunch or Krackle.

Thrilling Intent animated the part of the final battle when they beat Xin, by tabletopping no less. There was a reference to Persona when Markus, Gregor, Ashe, and Kier teamed up to do it - the four of them in a beat-em-up screen like when the entire party beats up an enemy. My boyfriend has been re-playing Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Names and voice actors from the Persona series have been popping up in it. Not surprisingly, so have the names Aqua, Ventus, and Terra (two Centurions and a monster).

Teen Titans Go! has resorted to abridging the old series (I hope it's just a one-off but there could be more). Since it's a parody series to begin with, I can't really say it's wrong. However, it does feel like an incredibly lazy move, much like when 4Kids did a similar thing with their dubbing. It's a move that screams "This is what you like, right? Right?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment