Thursday, October 6, 2016

That Time Again

The sixth Alpha and Omega feature, Dino Digs, came out on my brother's birthday back in May, so I thought I'd review it before the next one is due to come out next month. It has been named the worst one in the series by both fans and critics, though critics were more lenient with it. Let's start with the cover. The back cover says they have to stop a T-Rex from being excavated and coming to life. There's a T-Rex on the front cover, so it doesn't look like they succeeded (and indeed they did not). But why, you ask? Because magic exists in this universe apparently, and they sure as hell don't explain it (though they try, sort of). The environmental message of this installment is about wolves being relocated to man-made dens or "wolf suburbia." It's made ridiculous (not to mention there's a shoe-horned in dance number) and they go back to the wild at the end even though there are predators who want them dead (though I suppose the appearance of magic dinosaurs required a truce of sorts). If you want to watch dinosaurs revived by magic, just watch Power Rangers Dino Charge. I really can't compliment the actors enough, especially the guy who plays Heckyll.

I drew another piece of Critical Role fan art, in which Ghost Tiberius reminds Vax about what he'd said about Kynan in the first place. That's just an element I added to the part where Kynan stabs Keyleth and Ripley kills Percy; Tiberius was never directly mentioned again after his death (not by name anyway), but his presence was necessary a la Homestuck and DBZ Abridged. "I warned you about the boy, Vax. I told ya, dog."/"Shut up, ghost of Tiberius." As for Thrilling Intent, I love how Kier and Thog have just had it with this war.

This month's issue of Cardcaptor Sakura 3 had very nice artwork. Still lots of secrecy for seemingly no reason from both Syaoran and Touya. It also sounds like whatever is happening is purposefully redoing Sakura's journey of gathering the cards. Water has become Aqua.

I had to go to Wal-Mart to get the pumpkin Cheerios, and all they had was family-size. You can really taste the cloves and pumpkin puree.

No comments:

Post a Comment