Thursday, May 10, 2018

No Redemption

Digimon Tri is finally over (?) with its last set of episodes, "Our Future." I added the question mark because the entity shapeshifting between Gennai and Digimon Emperor is still plotting things (unless that was supposed to be a joke). Unless he is Yggdrasil in disguise (and speaking about himself in the third person), he was never dealt with. He instead grew more insane. As for the characters from Zero Two, they were only shown in silhouette and were said to have recovered. I have no idea what happened to their Digimon, since we saw Paildramon under control of the not-Digimon Emperor and then never again. I really hope this isn't a sequel beg because I don't believe it deserves one. I feel bad that Derek Stephen Prince is being left out of this one too since both real Ken and real Veemon don't feature.

The Teen Titans Go movie has Will Arnett voicing Slade. While I'm unsure if Ron Pearlman was available or asked, it's weird to hear a Deathstroke that sounds like Bojack Horseman (not even Lego Batman - all I heard was Bojack). That and maybe the movie producer being Slade's sister Jade Wilson with the same hair color as Rose has me perplexed. Surely someone who reads comics would know if Jade exists or if they invented her for this. Or it could be nothing.

So I found out from a WatchMojo video that Chris Bores rebooted his show. I watched the handful of videos at the time this was written and I only really liked the Deadly Towers review. The rest seemed too tame and boring, which is why I didn't watch his tech reviews. Then I went back and saw his Archfiend Response video from a few years ago and looked at the comments. This is just as much drama as Channel Awesome with cliques and factions. Some say Chris is lying, some think the Nerd has become a horrible person. I don't know what to believe. Similarly, the comments on current Nostalgia Critic episodes are demanding answers or demanding that people shut up about wanting answers. Have Doug and James gone Hollywood? Is Chris just a hack? It's funny what'll blow over and what won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment