Sunday, June 2, 2019

Secrets (KH)

A problem with the new Fruits Basket anime is that too many people are talking at once. And I was still wrong because I forgot about the race and Shigure going to the school to get their stuff, but it was still restrained. Plus the only high school girl we see him run into is Hana.

I've been trying to compare the apprentices to Winnie the Pooh characters. Even is obviously Rabbit, Dilan can be Eeyore, maybe Braig is Tigger, but I'm not sure about the rest. Here's another secret conversation between Braig and Even I wrote for the updated Mikage story.

    Braig talked to Even about his plans to undermine the Organization. "The two of us are the only ones in a position to make this work," Braig concluded. "They'll be suspicious if I leave for too long, so overseeing your replica production is the perfect cover."
    Even scoffed. "Saix is sure to butt in at some point. We won't be guaranteed privacy."
    "Right, there is that. Honestly, I don't know what that kid's deal is. To get around him, what we need is a patsy."
    Even arched an eyebrow. "You mean a proxy?"
    "I know what I said. We could get one of the others, probably Demyx, to act on our behalf."
    Even considered this. "I see. He's not related to us in any way and has no stake in this business whatsoever...that we know of."
    "And since we got you back on our side, he's had nothing to do."
    "This will take some convincing. He always was loathe to do anything that didn't align with his interests."
    "It'll work out. I know you can pull this off," Braig said confidently.
    Even eyed him suspiciously. "You speak as if you have nothing to do with it past this point. What aren't you telling me?"
    Braig sighed. "I'm going to disappear for a while when this is over. I may not return to Radiant Garden for some time. If I don't make it back, give my regards to Ansem and the rest, all right?"
    "Stop joking around, Braig. Why wouldn't you come back?"
    "I'd love to tell ya, but you'd never believe me if I did."
    Even narrowed his eyes. "Try me."
    Braig whispered in Even's ear. "See, I'm actually..."
    Even pulled away in surprise when Braig finished explaining. "I said to stop joking around!"
    "No joke. I've got some unfinished business to take care of. I can't predict how it'll turn out. That fate hasn't been written yet, but I'm going to make it happen."
    "You're mad! That can't possibly be true!"
    "I might have gone a little mad after all this time, but I'm not making it up." He put his hand on Even's shoulder. "This is goodbye, buddy."
    "Don't do this. You can't leave," Even said sadly.
    "I know you're all going to miss me, but I might stop by once I've accomplished my goals. It's not going to be easy, I can tell you that much."

No comments:

Post a Comment