Tuesday, August 13, 2019

So-so the Drama

I saw a fan video for Critical Role, again having to do with the pirate arc. The original song was very catchy and the ending was funny, though I can't remember how much Jester was resenting Avantica by the time Caleb cast the wall of fire and things went down (see the other magnificent fan song "Where She Sleeps"). Jester would get into a sea shanty, though, even if it was one praising Avantica and Uk'otoa. I posted my own Yu-Gi-Oh!/Critical Role video recently. I love how it all came together.

I haven't seen Groundhog Day, but Sunset's Backstage Pass was definitely that with Sunset as Bill Murray and Pinkie as the female lead. I liked the Dazzlings arguing about their toaster and Sunset claiming she's not a witch to people once she's relived the same day for three weeks. But she has mind powers, so she kind of is a witch? And she couldn't stop Fluttershy from spitting out her juice all over AJ, but she should've been able to dodge Rainbow Dash a lot sooner than she did.

The new Fruits Basket anime dedicated two episodes to Uo-chan's backstory, but the three delinquents who were bothering her had new material at the end of each episode. So this series can be ridiculous, but I also think it was done as supplementary material (though none I've seen before). After all, no one goes to photo development shops anymore now that we use our phones as cameras. According to the second-half trailer, it looks like we'll be ending up in the same place as before, so maybe this series' first season will have more than 26 episodes? It's a lot to cover even if we still end up skipping around. I didn't expect Ritsu's episode to come right after Kisa's, especially since he shows up after Kyo's adoptive father does. Ritsu's episode was very different from the manga and original anime (which was probably closer minus Mitsuru). I'm still rooting for them, though. Hiro's is next.

I ship Nate and Zoey from Beast Morphers. They're not allowed to date, so I guess that'll be an end of series thing. Looking forward to Austin St. John showing up in the second season, and he says there will be more Ranger projects in the future. There's also supposed to be an RPM crossover with Dr. K and Scott's/Shelby's dad.

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card 6 has had its release date pushed back several times. Now its release date is at the end of September, and Clear Card 7 is set to come out at the end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment