Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Thanks, Coronavirus!


I used my only day off last week to make sure “Kingdom Hearts: Home” was done and posted. Is it perfect? No, but good enough since I can’t manipulate the lengths of time that an image will appear onscreen like I could with the old software. If precision is lacking too much on the next project, I may have to use the old software again until that laptop dies too. Then I’ll be SOL. Since instead of staying home during the coronavirus scare, I have to work forever, I will definitely have to wait until April for the next video, but we’ll see what happens. The virus already caused jury duty to be cancelled, so I’m grateful for that at least. I won’t be able to finish the Saix video in that time since it takes longer to make different sequences go together with the new software and I keep giving myself headaches while focusing on it. The old software would often crash, and the new software becomes slow and unresponsive after a while as well. And then my computer decided it wanted to do a full system update which required several hours and restarts.

After worrying some fans that Prickly Pair would result in Steven’s downward spiral, the next two episodes were a return to form. Peridot helped Steven with his stress dreams, and the episode ended with them hate-watching the reboot of their favorite show. Bismuth’s episode was great even though Stevonnie didn’t have a speaking role. In this version, you can introduce friends to other friends and have it work out instead of it blowing up in your face. Until, that is, the follow-up: In an act of desperation, Steven tries to propose to Connie, but of course they’re too young and she says, “Not now.” The end of the episode where Steven says Garnet can’t stop him from eating cake (i.e. his feelings) and she says defeatedly, “I know” was funnier than it should’ve been.

Speaking of funnier than it should have been, “Artist Anonymous” from Power Rangers Beast Morphers. It’s too bad that Devon’s dad hasn’t been able to fight back yet like Anton Mercer, his actor does an excellent job of acting as Evox going back and forth between not caring about what the Rangers are doing and suddenly interested in using it for his own ends while trying to pass as totally normal. He was coughing during a previous episode, prompting me to yell “Corona!” at the screen. What timing with Tangled: The Series coming to an end right as the virus started dominating the world.

Irish cream Milano cookies smell great when you open the bag, but I can’t quite describe the flavor. It’s not bad, but sweet. Rotisserie chicken Pringles taste like they say they do, but it’s a pretty weak flavor that gets overpowered by anything else you eat with them. Brad may have convinced me to try the Reuben Pringles, though I’m still not sure about the sauerkraut aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment