Thursday, May 21, 2020

Tough Love (KH Edition)

"Tough Love" is my favorite song from The Villains Lair, and it recently got a remix. It was too fun not to, so I added a verse for Vexen circa KH3.


[spoken]
Vexen: Ladies, you have it all wrong.
Drizella: What are you doing here, old man?
Anastasia: Yeah, scram!
Lady Tremaine: Girls! Let us hear what he has to say.
Vexen: Thank you. *sits*
Mother Gothel: (annoyed) To what do we owe this little interruption?
Vexen: I couldn’t help but overhear. That’s not tough love. In fact, it sounded more like abuse.
Queen Grimhilde: Did you forget which side you’re on?
Lady Tremaine: And what would you know about raising children?
Vexen: I’ve raised a boy.
[sung]
A child landed on our doorstep, we were quick to take him in
Scared and all alone, he had no next-of-kin
We home-schooled him, of course - I was strict and I was stern
Fortunately for me, he was very quick to learn
Our master’s soft approach didn’t meet with my approval
A problem that was solved by his eventual removal (LT: Ooh!)
I had my own research, an agenda some might say
Everything was fine until that boy got in the way
Because, as he grew older, he would oft forget his place
So I hit him once or twice across his little face (MG: Ha!)
Wait, that was a mistake, and for that I paid the price
To this day he resents me for not being very nice (QG: Ah!)
No, but I love him, really, it’s true!
Lady Tremaine: *puts hand on his shoulder* You did what you had to do
Vexen: (spoken) Oh, I’m as bad as you all are. *facepalm*
[sung]
Lady Tremaine: Punish them so they stay indoors
Mother Gothel: There’s one way and it’s only yours
Drizella: Tiny!
Anastasia: Whiny!
Drizella & Anastasia: Stubborn too!
The things he put you through!
Queen Grimhilde: Call us jealous, call us vain
You can’t deny that you’re the same
Lady Tremaine: We can see you’re non-plussed
Mother Gothel: Accept that you’re one of us!
All: This is what’s known as love, tough love!

No comments:

Post a Comment