Thursday, November 12, 2020

This Glorious World

Joe has it rough in the‭ ‬new Digimon anime.‭ ‬Not only does he get chewed out by his parents for going missing for three days and losing his study book‭ (‬the one Mimi threw into the‭ ‬miasma‭ ‬swamp‭)‬,‭ ‬his brother congratulates him and gives him a running away bag,‭ ‬which is just his bag from the original series.‭ ‬No wonder he was bashing his head against a wall during that one episode.‭ ‬Speaking of Mimi,‭ ‬she now lives in a mansion with her parents and grandfather.‭ ‬It‭’‬s weird seeing her parents there instead of their apartment from the original series.‭ ‬We don‭’‬t see TK getting kidnapped,‭ ‬but it‭’‬s implied that he got transported via feather because he was home alone while Kari‭’‬s mom kept her from leaving,‭ ‬if a certain podcast is to be believed.‭ ‬According to TK,‭ ‬he went to sleep wanting to be with‭ ‬Matt,‭ ‬Tai,‭ ‬and the Digimon,‭ ‬and then‭ ‬woke up there. Devimon has a new Digivolution line of his own instead of going the Myotismon route. DarkKnightmon rode away on what looked like a corrupted Maildramon, which Gatomon can become via the DigiEgg of Miracles. She’s in the opening, so I’ve been looking out for her. If we don’t get Myotismon, I don’t know where she could be. I saw a video talking about something called Witchelny, where Wizardmon supposedly came from before Gatomon found him. According to the video, he got kicked out, which sounds like the plot to Ultra Maniac. I can’t find any other videos in English that talk about it, though. I didn’t even know there were wizard e-pets specifically.

RWBY volume 8 begins with Ruby, Weiss, and Maria picking up Oscar from a soup kitchen in the slums of Mantle, so they didn’t leave him for dead and were able to find him arguably soon after. Qrow and Robin are in jail, presumably alongside Jacques and Watts. If I went back and watched the season 7 finale of RWBY and then watched the new episode, seeing Ironwood shoot two people back-to-back would’ve been a different experience. It was still jarring without the rewatch; he just blew away Councilman Sleet - bye, Chad. I was expecting a bigger reaction from the other people in the scene, but it seems like they’re used to this by now, like “Oh boy, there he goes killing again." If I were Marrow, I’d be like “Screw you guys, I’m going home. Casual murder is where I draw the line," but Ironwood wouldn't take kindly to deserters.

I would like to see Critical Role members play Among Us.‭ ‬Laura would be so mad when she got killed,‭ ‬and Ashley would be so confused.‭ ‬I liked volume‭ ‬2‭ ‬of Vox Machina Origins more than volume‭ ‬1.‭ ‬Now I have context for Grog sleeping with a‭ ‬nymph.‭ ‬I can‭’‬t wait to see what happens next.‭ Episodes 16 and 17 of the ‬Fruits‭ ‬Basket‭ ‬dub finally came out, so I hope it keeps on trucking. Rin is next.
 
Frankenberry might‭ ‬have been discontinued,‭ ‬but the other two weren‭’‬t on the shelves this year either.‭ ‬Instead,‭ ‬I got the Baby Yoda cereal.‭ ‬It looks like Kix but tastes like Trix.

No comments:

Post a Comment