Tuesday, January 12, 2021

What Did You Think Was Gonna Happen?!

 Remember when I said that if Lea and Isa tried to sneak into a government building here, they’d get shot? While not sneaking, and only one person was shot dead, I guess I’ve been proven wrong. Also, I think I remember someone making a joke that Sora, Riku, and Kairi should play Raft together. I believe that Vexen, Luxord, Xigbar, and Demyx should play Sea of Thieves. Vexen's the captain, Luxord's the helmsman, Xigbar's the powder monkey, and Demyx is the musician.


I never knew that live duels were a thing, but apparently they've been taking place throughout the 2010s, and there was a series one reunion panel at the virtual New York Comic Con last year. I like Marc Thompson's Astral voice, wish they could've used that for Bakura's father instead of the personality they gave him in that wretched movie plot. The way Astral and Ryou say “Oh dear" is the same, and it's cute. The moment that surprised me the most was when Jack beat Pegasus in one turned, snapped his fingers, and summoned a throne. On top of that, Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged is back for the Grand Prix filler arc. It feels like I'm back in high school, and not in a bad way.
 

The only episode of The Torkelsons I remember seeing is the one with Elmo, which is called “Educating Millicent.” The only episode of Almost Home, the sequel series, I remember seeing is “To Date or Not To Date," in which the two teenage daughters sneak out of the house, and Millicent demonstrates this with a loaf of bread. It's owned by Disney, which I didn't know. My mom used to watch it when it was on. It was the early 90s, so it makes sense she would've had me watch the Elmo episode with her or recorded it for me. The premise is that the dad walked out on the family, but it felt more like he'd died the way they were talking about him while looking in the yearbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment