Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Cinderella-ish

 I've read the first seven chapters of The Other Bennet Sister. I feel like Mrs. Hill is being portrayed as a fairy godmother of sorts, if this is a Cinderella story for Mary. Her mother and two younger sisters certainly fit the description of wicked, even if they're not step. I'm excited for her to get a dress and go to the ball for the first time. Now we're at the beginning of the story proper, but from Mary's perspective instead of Elizabeth's. Mary also got glasses, and maybe she's interested in the oculist's son (named John Sparrow, hmmm), but she doesn't really have a reason to see him again unless her eyesight gets worse, and I'm not sure of where the story will go if she even marries in the end.


Speaking of Cinderella, the rest of the Fruits Basket dub uploaded, and more Laura funny noises occur, especially in 24. She said during the most recent Talks Machina, Laura realizes she based a lot of Jester's personality on Tohru. I wonder what she thinks of the expanded lore of the series. Season three may be the last, but if they wanted to do an OVA covering Another, that would be cool too. The series does end on a shot of Kyo and Tohru as grandparents going for a walk. I can’t wait for the rest. It’s been very well acted, and it’s only going to get more emotional from here. As previously stated, I'm working on a Fruits Basket video (not waiting until the series wraps to do it, maybe doing another one later?), and I want to do a Helluva Boss/Hazbin Hotel video too. We'll see how the new year goes.
 

Ren and Whitley finally came in clutch in the midseason finale. Instead of brooding himself to death out in the cold, it seems that Ren came to an epiphany which evolved his semblance to actually see other people’s emotions as colored petals swirling around them. I cheered when he pointed out that Marrow and Winter don’t want to be under Ironwood’s command anymore. Whitley, overhearing a rant from May that also called him out by name, decided to ask Klein to come back to treat Nora. Weiss hugs her little tsundere brother, and then a crash is heard outside (she asks him if he called anyone else). If Penny falling to Earth at the end of the previous episode would've been a bad place to end, her crash-landing in front of the Schnee Manor was worse (“I love you" vs “I'm sorry”). Cinder's backstory made me feel sorry for her, but she needs to stop. I also recognized the Sohma maid's voice as her wicked adoptive mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment