Thursday, December 10, 2020

But Wait, There's More!

I watched all of the cutscenes of Melody of Memory in order to make the video I've working on (before I’d only watched the new material, not Kairi’s recaps of every game). Zexion is the only Organization member in Castle Oblivion to be mentioned by name, as his fight with Riku was important to Riku’s character growth. It just made me feel even more sorry for him, and it didn’t even include the part where he got killed by the replica (she just said Riku defeated him and then the replica, and that Zexion was using magic). Watching the rest of it again, I noticed the pause in what Ienzo is explaining. Did they put that in there to give his voice actors a chance to breathe? Is the pause important? No one was interrupting him. Between that and the finger tapping (Even did this too when he got impatient while they were analyzing Kairi’s heart in Re:Mind), I’m not sure he’s comfortable talking at length to people he barely knows, considering how he was mute during Birth By Sleep. Someone, probably not Nomura, put some thought into this, and I want to know the whole story.


‭I read the novelization of Hocus Pocus and “The All-New Sequel,” and I wasn’t impressed. The sequel was twice as long as the original, and there’s even a sequel beg involving the brother (a wizard) of Billy Butcherson summoning him from the grave. There were some good ideas, but it just tried to do too much. Like the second Equestria Girls movie novelization, it may not be the final script for the actual movie that they’re planning to make. Next, I’m moving on from the other Sanderson sister to The Other Bennet Sister. If only I could hibernate long enough to finish it sooner.

I've also been watching Brad's Berenstain Bears videos. The algorithm then brought me to the Berenstain Bears official YouTube channel, where I watched old shorts that I remembered from childhood. He's right, though - Mama Bear is not okay.

It seems like every time Fruits Basket misses a week or two, I assume that there's another hiatus, but then they come back with more. Next is the play, and the final three episodes of season 2. Laura probably didn't remember that Kyoko's nickname was the Red Butterfly, but it's neat that Jester's mom is called the Ruby of the Sea. Tohru is like her little sapphire, or morpho, I guess. That's not a bad idea for some fan art.

No comments:

Post a Comment