Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This Needs to be Fact-Checked

Dezel died armatized with Rose, putting all of his energy into clearing away the dragons and becoming the wind. Symonne is probably gone - purified but probably dead. Alicia's friends found the hellion's body and buried it. Sorey had a dream about Velvet Crowe, and he comes to the realization that Artorius might have been the bad guy. As it applies to Dezel, Rose says that they shouldn't feel guilt over having to make sacrifices because that's what started all this in the first place. Sure the point is to honor Dezel's dying wish and not let his sacrifice be in vain, but at least he CHOSE to sacrifice himself as opposed to Artorius the child murderer. I'm getting the feeling this is how the game would've been if Berseria had come out first. I haven't looked up much about it, so I don't know if the Shepherd Michael was around for that game or if he'd ever met Velvet or Edna's brother. They touched on the fact that an infant died in a fire set by Heldalf and that Michael used that child's corpse to curse Heldalf for what he'd done. No mention of it being Mikleo though or that infant Sorey was also there. Muse was Mikleo's mother, right? And Muse is Michael's younger sister, apparently. I don't remember all the important details from the game anyway.

There have been mixed reviews for both the Power Rangers movie and the live action Beauty and the Beast movie. I didn't watch any of the Beauty and the Beast reviews because I went to see it on my birthday last weekend. I liked it fine, but it had some problems. Pretty much everyone was great in their roles. It was never going to be as good as the original, so my expectations weren't set that high. As for Power Rangers, I watched Angry Joe, Doug, and Lewis/Brad's reviews. Joe admitted it wasn't as bad as he thought it'd be and gave it a 4 out of 10. Doug said it was fine for a general audience but pointed out the bad writing. Lewis and Brad just flat-out enjoyed it. The worst part was the overbearing Krispy Kreme product placement; it was less a Power Rangers movie than it was a Krispy Kreme commercial (it was also mostly teen angst, but Doug said that's at least delivering on the promise of teenagers with attitude). Rita even ate the donuts at one point, which is something I would expect from Divatox, not her. Having that instead of Ernie's juice bar was just wrong - even Megaforce got that right. And there's a sequel beg with Tommy being introduced at the end. May he join the ranks of the characters found in the sequel begs of Last Airbender and Jem. It's done well enough that it probably will get a sequel, though. Ugh. Good for those actors, I guess.

I've wanted to do a review comparing the first two Cheetah Girls movies, but I don't think I have much to say about either of them at this point, and I have no intention of watching either of them again. I liked the second one better; the first one was like Josie and the Pussycats but worse. Both the original and the sequel have the part where they almost break up and sing a song about it, so it's not like either of them is brilliant cinema. I just think the second one had better songs and a slightly better plot. Wait, was there a third one minus Raven, or am I just thinking of their music videos?

Still getting adjusted to the new place. I finished the Kanji x Naoto video before the move, so that'll be posted when Persona 5 comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment