Saturday, March 23, 2019

Critical Roles

I don't think Demyx is the Master of Masters because Xigbar probably would've sensed that; the Foretellers recognized him as Luxu even though he looks and sounds completely different now (unless they were like "well there's no one else this person could possibly be"). I can't wait for Maleficent to actually do something again. In the comic I'm drawing, I now have to make up what that something is since she didn't accomplish anything other than finding out Xigbar has the box at the very end. Maybe since Radiant Garden wasn't playable, she didn't go there, as she was only following Sora. I thought for sure she would've checked the castle for the book at least, provoking a confrontation (like when she held Minnie hostage in Dream Drop Distance). I hope we haven't seen the last of those guys if we're going to be following Xigbar now. I'm at the part of my comic where he comes back from the Keyblade Graveyard to let them know he's okay and tell them what's happening. They take the news that he's Luxu pretty hard. Even wants to know why he's kept it a secret for all these years, and Xigbar says he knew Even would never believe him. Dilan and Aeleus aren't thrilled that the man they knew never existed and that maybe they were never really friends. Ienzo just wants to know whether or not he's going to leave again, and Ansem tells him it's okay if there's somewhere else he needs to be. Xigbar doesn't know what to say to any of that, but then Maleficent does show up. And that's as far as I've gotten.

I'm happy they got the principal cast back for the new Fruits Basket series, while most other roles will be recast. Colleen Clinkenbeard is a great choice for Akito, all things considered. Interestingly, Tia Ballard (Marron) will now be voicing Kagura, who used to be voiced by Meredith McCoy (Android 18). I see what they did there. While I was thinking Vic could be a good fit for Katsuya Honda (based on nothing other than his proximity to other characters voiced by Laura Bailey, specifically in Soul Eater), I'm not sure if he's going to win his legal battle or what's happening with his career. There are plenty of people who could do it, after all. While Aaron Dismuke can't be Hiro again, they could have him voice someone else (maybe Naohito?). I think Todd Haberkorn would be a good choice for Manabe. I'm really looking forward to what the expanded cast will look like. Will Mike McFarland return as Ritsu? I wonder what role Caitlin Glass will play - I'm hoping Mayuko-sensei.

Fruity Lucky Charms is not much different from Frankenberry, to be honest. Chocolate Lucky Charms shouldn't be that different from Count Chocula either, but the Monster cereals might have the edge here. I know I enjoyed Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment