Sunday, May 15, 2016

Christmas in May

MLP did their own version of A Christmas Carol. It was a great episode, but it had some problems. I loved the opening, but the beginning of the actual story seemed really slow to me. There was no Marley character, but there was a teacher who looked a lot like Snape. I was a little disappointed that Twilight wasn't a character in the story, but she was the narrator and Starlight was the stand-in for the audience (which makes Twilight Gonzo and Spike Rizzo if we were to compare it to the Muppet version). They were annoying. The best part was Princess Luna's song as the Ghost of Hearth's Warming Future. Also Derpy.

I was searching for some Kingdom Hearts fan art the other day and found some pretty good ones. There was one where Aeleus and Dilan are about to beat up Braig for his role in the betrayal. There's another one where Even and Ienzo are waking up and getting mad at Lea for what he'd done to them as well. There was also one where Isa is telling Sora to kill him off, but Sora says no because it would make Lea sad and offers him his hand saying "Let's get you home, Isa." That one got me right in the feels. Then I searched for cute pictures of Ienzo specifically and was not disappointed. I like that more people are drawing him when he was a cute little kid (unfortunately several are of him crying so that's sad). Similarly I saw a picture of Batman with a caption that read: "I'm here to kick ass and hug my parents, and I'm all out of parents." Too real.

I usually don't give nicknames to Pokemon, let alone Digimon, because I can't immediately think of any good ones. However, in Digimon Cyber Sleuth, it becomes necessary when keeping track of individual Digimon going through different evolutionary trees. I have a Magnadramon named Lady, a Cherubimon named Velvet, and a Piximon named Styx. I really have to get better at nicknames since it's required for a Nuzlocke run (which my boyfriend started but never finished because he got distracted by doing randomizer runs). Kyle told me about a creation called the McGangBang, where you put together two cheeseburgers and a McChicken sandwich. Those are two things I get normally but not at the same time, so maybe I should try doing it. I found out there was a triple cheeseburger recently, so I ate that. It's because the patties are so thin that I'd even considered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment