Sunday, December 11, 2016

Standards and Expectations

Alpha and Omega: The Big Fureeze, while a dumb title, was still better than the last one. It was supposed to be released before the last one, so this was a gamble since the last one sucked so bad. It didn't need to lower our standards - this one was fine. I don't know why we needed another Christmas one, but here it is anyway. There was a lot of action, and it brought back characters from the first sequel movie that started this series of low-budget spin-offs (though we're so far removed from it in time that I can barely remember, and I really don't have time to rewatch them).

Legends of the Hidden Temple the Movie was pretty good too. I love how they got Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker to reprise their roles. My only complaint is that the human Olmec looks more like a Temple Guard than the actual Temple Guards in this movie. I didn't even mind the child acting. The set for the temple was amazing - the Silver Monkey and the Steps of Knowledge looked identical to the show. The CG-colored animals were interesting, but the Purple Parrot crashed into the barrier trying to escape; I can't help but think that it's a reference to their team having the least wins, given how smart the script is. It had problems, but I'd give it an 8 out of 10; better than the Goosebumps movie, which I'd give a 7.

Teen Titans Go! was able to use the Happy Birthday song, finally. They didn't reference that fact; they just sang it three times. The Dino Supercharge Christmas clipshow wasn't as good as last year's because they only highlighted four Rangers. Not all of the Rangers showed up unmorphed, either. The acting was on point, however. Thanks to the Hetalia commentary, I now know that Taliesin took over the role of Britain from Scott Freeman. I didn't even notice. As always, Eric Vale was the best part of the commentary and called out Taliesin for being too busy to appear.

Oreo now has its candy in ball form. The Bagel Bite Dogs were good but the hot dogs kept falling out. Also I'm sorry that the previous post's title lacked originality. I honestly didn't have a clever title to connect all the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment