Tuesday, January 1, 2019

I've Been Busy (and Sick)

It seems like ever since I said that I liked the way Survivor was playing out, it has become a constant source of disappointment. I'm glad Nick won out of the three of them, though. I knew it wasn't going to be John or Christian, but Davie was my favorite to win.

In the latest episode of RWBY, Maria said she was on the extra screening list for bringing in outside cashews, but she was not allowed through to Atlas either. If she was on the train to get her eyes tuned up, which she needs regularly, she shouldn't be denied passage. I also don't believe Weiss could've finished the journey on her own. Caroline seems to know that Weiss ran away, so she'd only go back to being her father's prisoner if she was allowed through. He'd never allow her to bring the relic anywhere, and it certainly wouldn't be safe with him. Her only hope would be if Ironwood or Winter came to visit.

Critical Role's "The Night Before Critmas" was the best one-shot I've seen in a while. Like Laura's one-shot, they had to skirt around the copyrighted material by changing some names and being vague about other details. Travis' heel-turn was handled expertly. I liked how he thought he might get away with it until he realized what Matt meant. It's too bad Laura wasn't there to give a reaction, but Julie's was probably close.

It's the time of the year to be nice to people and things we don't like. There is no better way to do that than to say two compliments and one critique. Here's what I have to say about Teen Titans Go! at the moment:
Compliment: Another Darkseid (Weird Al) episode just aired, which is fantastic.
Critique: Robin needs to stop beating up Beast Boy.
Compliment: Raven's outfits are super cute.
I should probably look into DC Super Hero Girls at some point, but I also probably won't.

I'm glad Yandere Dev is still going. The Jingle Bells video is my second favorite Christmas parody he's done after It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Murder. As for Random Encounters, it took me a while to get A Mei is in Danger = Away in a Manger. It's not one of the songs I usually hear. This year I have to figure out which songs I've already used in holiday videos so I can choose new ones. I might also have to work on some top 10 lists as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment