Wednesday, November 12, 2014

This Week Today

Top 5 Cartoons Growing Up in the 90s (There are others I liked, but I would rank these the highest overall):
~1- Batman The Animated Series (WB)
~2- Recess (Disney)
~3- Hey Arnold! (Nickelodeon)
~4- Animaniacs (WB)
~5- Doug (Nickelodeon/Disney)

Equestria Girls really is like the Doug universe. The best part of Rainbow Rocks was Sunset's facial expressions. The Dazzlings also had better songs even though the lyrics were evil. I like human Pinkie Pie better than regular pony Pinkie. That speaks more to the problems most people have had with the writing of her character in season 4, which this movie takes place after. The hook from Fluttershy's song in Filli Vanilli makes an appearance in the one song she supposedly wrote (no way that wasn't going to become important). My brother got mad that they ruined "Shake Your Tail" for the sake of plot instead of using the music video footage for it. I'd have to agree, but I'm just a little frustrated they had to do so many rewrites and posted what did get finished as "prequel" clips. And a novelization ( the "real" story became known as "Mane Event" while the original concept took the title proper). They did a novelization of the first movie too, and the individual stories that started with Crystal Heart Spell continue with Fluttershy's coming out next as the last of the Mane Six. I have not checked those out aside from Twilight's and don't plan to. In the case of the Rainbow Rocks and Crystal Heart Spell novels, I'm just happy with reading about what could have been, like I will be keeping the glitched DVD which will only run in order from the chapters page (which means the commentary remains out of order, though).

Poor Morgan. Too bad we didn't have time to get to know her friend before she got killed. I don't like it when shows do that. At least get us emotionally invested in a character before killing them off. Now I'm only upset because Morgan's upset. It's like with NCIS season 1's Pacci episode, but he at least got a little more screen time beforehand (even though it was only to set up a flashback to remember who he even was).

No comments:

Post a Comment