Sunday, December 21, 2014

Holiday Spirit

I always liked Mary Poppins growing up, and I'd even watch it at Christmas. The most poignant scene for me for this time of year was the bird woman. Home Alone 2 had a bird woman, and I liked that better than the first one. I haven't watched either movie in a while, though, since my VCR crapped out, and I don't have those movies on DVD. Saving Mr. Banks is one of the films my family made me watch with them this year, and it almost ruined it for me. There were some parts I didn't like, and I didn't know who to root for (other than the Sherman brothers). Parts of it were surreal, capped off with the actual audio from the real meetings played over the end credits.

I've been too busy with work and such to watch anything this year, not even Nightmare. The past two months have been almost nothing but work, leaving me with precious few days of downtime to myself (and even then I had other things to do). Today, work was particularly trying. I should be used to such treatment by now. I've begun to realize that nothing has changed since school. As usual, the only reason anyone likes me is if they can push me around. I haven't even been able to enjoy the holidays because I'm working so much; I hardly ever get to go home for more than a couple days at a time every other week.

No comments:

Post a Comment