Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Wrapping Up Another Year

I learned a lot this Christmas. What I learned was not pleasant. I don't particularly like spending Christmas with my mom's family, as they tend to ignore me. That's just as much my fault as it is theirs, though. I don't have a lot in common with them, so of course they're not going to talk to me, even if I did bring my boyfriend to meet everyone. I shouldn't be offended that they would rather talk amongst themselves and hang out together without me, but I can't help it. It was a little different when I was a kid, but now that I'm an adult, they have no incentive to interact with me. 

Additional dialog that I kept out of Kagemiya Sayuri included Braig's conversation with Lea explaining what happened to her and in turn Lea's conversation with Isa telling him the same. I got tired of rehashing it, even if it may be a jump or a gloss-over not to show these conversations taking place rather than to actually have them.
"Hey, you know your friend Kagemiya is here too," Braig told Lea after he left the briefing.
"Oh. That's nice. She came over to visit?" Lea inquired nonchalantly.
"Not exactly. She took a spill out in the street earlier."
"Is she all right?" Lea looked concerned but uncertain how concerned to be.
"Don't know. The problem is actually with her heart."
"Her heart?!"
"Yeah, it was beating too fast and gave out. Even's doing what he can for her. You should go and see her if you want to."
***
"How's life as a hero treating you?" Isa asked Lea somberly.
"It's got its ups and downs, same as ever," Lea replied. Then he got quiet and changed the subject. "Last time I went to the castle, Yuri was there."
"Of course she was," Isa scoffed, rolling his eyes.
"Yeah, she's still friends with that kid and everyone," Lea responded awkwardly, "but no, that's not what I meant. She was there as a patient."
"What?"
"Braig told me he found her passed out in the street. Her heart hadn't been able to pump any blood because it was beating too fast. Her recovery took a little while. She didn't look too good when I saw her, but I hear she's back home now. Oh, and Ienzo even said that they've forgiven us for what we did."
***
How it would have been if Zexion had gone second instead of third...
Zexion returned to the basement, breathing heavily and clutching his left side. Lexeaus was next to him in an instant. "Zexion!"
"I'll live," Zexion gasped, leaning.
Lexaeus was having none of it. Before Zexion could protest, Lexaeus had unzipped Zexion's coat to inspect his injuries. "Lie down and rest. I'll grab the med kit."
Zexion did as he was told. His chest hurt like he'd bruised some ribs, and of course there was the slash he'd taken from Riku's sword. Lexaeus returned and bandaged him up. Rather than watch over his injured companion, he decided to fight Riku instead. His battle meditation did nothing to quell his rage, and his darkness ran wild. (The rest would play out normally from here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment