Friday, December 5, 2014

Walken the Plank

Ho! Christopher Walken playing Captain Hook, what the heck? Unfortunately he didn't also play the father (that was Smee instead). That would have been awesome. "Hey. Kids. Shut your mouths." But he was a mad captain, and the only prescription was more cowbell. Not really, but that would have been great too. I couldn't take him seriously. But then the biggest surprise was Wendy forcing Smee off the plank at swordpoint while giving him a Reasons You Suck speech, to which he replied "Fair enough" and let go. Lady's got guts.

My job has been tough lately, especially at the recycling room. I keep getting called in to address complaints and fix things, and people still think I shouldn't be doing this job because I'm female. Whatever. I'm over that. But some people, especially the elderly, still say things like "this is a man's job" and "you're just a little girl." A lot of people have been recycling so of course half our machines are going to break down, and we don't have a technician on site (have to call one in all the way from Maine). Also, the automatic door is broken so this one guy got mad at me about that too. Apparently it hit him in the shoulder. It hit me in the butt and I didn't care. Other people are so touchy about how they want their groceries bagged. One lady didn't want paper because she'll get paper cuts. My hands and forearms get sliced up and I just keep going. They complain about every little thing. People are crazy this time of year. I thought it would die down after Thanksgiving, but that only lasted three days. Oh well. I won't let that ruin the holidays. Last year they overplayed "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" to the point where I got sick of them. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but because of last year I'm wary. They have started playing other songs or newer covers of them at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment