Friday, October 13, 2017

Friendship is What?

The MLP comic about Pinkie forcing Dash to eat her pies came out a week and a half before the actual episode. I'd say thanks for the spoilers, but it was my decision to read it and not wait. Not that I had to wait very long since the rest of the season was leaked online and it airs tomorrow. It still wasn't very good since it was basically the same thing with a slight variation. The last three episodes were much better, thankfully. I liked them so much more than the movie, and I assume the finale of Legends of Magic later this month will reflect that episode too (especially since Uncommon Bond featured Sunburst taking up a whole train car with his stuff like the previous comic). The movie was not for me. I liked some elements of it but thought it was weaker than the actual series (could've used some John Delancey).

I don't remember Rose Wilson (a.k.a. Ravager) being in the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon (her brother made a cameo in season 5). Maybe if we had gotten a season 6 she would've appeared then. I refuse to believe that it got canceled because too many girls were watching it. That's really dumb. Power Rangers is still ongoing and plenty of girls watch that (I assume; I'm no longer part of that age demographic). It may be male-dominated, but there are female characters to look up to and relate to. As for TTG, the second iteration of TV Knight also included Joker and Penguin, who in the TellTale series are Bruce's "friends" John and Oswald. They also make fun of Two-Face (Bruce's other friend Harvey). It's just annoying that they all make stupid noises instead of talking. The first and last skits were the best, and the rest weren't great. They didn't need two musical segments. And then there was the two-part America's Got Talent parody with the Justice League as judges. It was a mixed bag - what was good was good (Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire) and what was terrible was terrible (Beast Boy and Robin).

The Halloween episode of Power Rangers Ninja Steel was not a clip show but a rematch show. The Rangers were tricked into playing a board game that was a combination of Jumanji and Goosebumps: Terror in the Graveyard. I have that game, and I still remember the commercial for it - "Roll the dice, run for your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment