Friday, April 24, 2015

Tough

"Farewell, FamiKamen Rider" was a difficult movie to watch. It's been more than a year since Justin's death, but this made it feel fresh. From sharing real memories of him during "Kickassia" flashbacks to breaking down after SuFamiKamen Rider (Yankii J) got killed, Kaylyn really poured her all into this. From a critical standpoint, it dragged in the beginning, but overall it felt like I was really watching a Kamen Rider film. I definitely shed a few tears by the end of it. Kaylyn's performance of the FamiKamen Rider theme in Japanese over the credits was perfect.

Tales of the Abyss is probably my third favorite game in the series of what I've seen played so far. Although it was one of the darker ones in terms of story, it was a type of darkness I could recognize and have come to expect in my JRPGs (*cough cough* Kingdom Hearts *cough*). I liked the part where Duke Fabre says both of his sons are alive, meaning he's accepted Asch and Luke as two different people. The English cast was amazing, so it really amused me on the whole. It's by no means a perfect game (really, it has problems), but it can be pretty fun. There's even an abridged series or two on YouTube. I plan on making a video about it soon too.

Out of the Persona 4 characters, I think I'm the most like Chie, but I like Yukiko too. Don't know whether that makes me more like one of them or the other since they are best friends, though. I don't really have one anymore. I'm not really sure what my shadow self would be like, either. The darkness of the other me would be pretty intense, that's for sure. Not that I act that my life is sunshine and rainbows all the time, but I often say I'm doing fine or okay when I'm really not.

No comments:

Post a Comment