Saturday, April 4, 2015

Something Something Sailor Moon Crystal

Because that gets people's attention. The video thumbnails make this arc all about Chibi-Usa, and that's beginning to bug me. At least future Mamoru didn't troll his past self by testing his love for Usagi in this version. Thankfully, this Usagi had less of a freakout over the attention Mamoru was giving Chibi-Usa...and then things got surprisingly steamy. Anyway, if this part of the timeline still holds true, I wonder if Pluto is stuck guarding the Gate of Time as punishment for what she does with her powers later on during the events that lead up to the Galaxy Cauldron and Crystal Tokyo. It also makes me wonder if Chibi-Usa is actually equal parts Gohan and Trunks by coincidence...except Trunks could tell who his parents were. Then again, we're supposed to believe no one recognizes them in "disguise," so there's that. Still nothing for Mina, so hopefully we get something on her at some point.

Here's the product of another run of sleep deprivation I've had recently:
Ienzo reached the age where he felt he didn't need to sleep as much. "I don't wanna nap!" he complained when his parents told him to take one.
"Come on. Who doesn't like naps?" Braig asked, butting in. They all gave him strange looks. "Not that I do that on the job. I'm gonna go now."
"If you don't take a nap, you'll have to go to bed early," Marian reasoned.
Ienzo thought it over. "So...if I take a nap, can I stay up late?" he asked, bargaining.
"Nice try," James said.
Ienzo tried to make himself sleep but found that he couldn't. While avoiding his parents, he wandered around until he found Dilan, who was reading The Art of War. "Yes? What is it?" he asked, noticing Ienzo was there.
"My mom and dad say I have to take a nap, but I'm not tired," Ienzo explained.
"All right. Come sit with me." Dilan put down his book and let Ienzo sit on his lap.
"You don't have to stop reading just because I'm here," Ienzo said.
"A boy your age probably wouldn't find it interesting."
"Can you explain it to me?"
Dilan hesitated before explaining it to him in a way the child could understand. "It's a book about battle plans and other such things needed to win wars."
"Do you think you're going to get in a fight?" Ienzo asked, somewhat worried.
"No, but we have to prepare ourselves for anything," Dilan answered. "If you still have trouble sleeping, you're welcome to meditate with Aeleus and me."
"What does 'meditate' mean?"
"It's like resting but for your mind as well as your body."
"Okay, I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment