Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tri Again

This group of episodes was centered around Mimi and Joe, revisiting their issues of selfishness and cowardice. While it did seem like character regression, I'm glad it resulted in Palmon and Gomamon finally reaching Mega level, something I've been waiting to see since middle school. What I'm not glad about is Ken becoming the Digimon Emperor again, the ultimate character regression. It tells me that the creators of Tri aren't working with many original ideas. It's one thing to bring back characters we like, but completely retreading old ground that we'd already closed the book on is unacceptable. Just get to the meat of the Alphamon/Omegamon plot and whatever the hell Meiko/Meiccomon is supposed to be. I would not object to a continuation of the Dark Ocean/Dracomon storyline that never went anywhere, though. Unless they get posted elsewhere, I'll have to wait for crunchyroll to make them available to the public next month; so far I've only read the Wikipedia entry.

I saw the new trailers for the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie. It's funny to see Ryou surrounded by girls since that hasn't happened since Season Zero and Otogi was there too. His eyes look more purple than brown now, and in Zero they were green (and blue in the video game). Can they just not decide what color eyes to give him? Yugi and Anzu walking together is cute, and Tristan almost choked to death on a fried noodle sub. I know it's a fried noodle sub because they had them in Azumanga Daioh. Also, I find it a little weird that the Kul Elna ruins became a dig site. Wouldn't the Ishtars have wanted people to stay away from there? This stinks of early GX. Still, I can't wait to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment