Wednesday, April 13, 2016

No More Shiny Makeup

Sailor Moon Crystal came back with its version of S. I didn't read the manga so if differences from the earlier anime are in it I wouldn't know. I just didn't like how everyone - including Michiru - is referring to Haruka as a boy, which makes me think she's pretending to be one. She's even got a cape and a domino mask like Mamoru and calls Usagi "bun head" instead of "moon face." I didn't like the end theme focusing on Uranus and Neptune either since this is Sailor Moon and the focus should be on her. Chibiusa and Hotaru as a pairing in the opening theme is a bit weird too, especially since their meeting in this was not as good as it was in S. I was even bored during the transformation and introduction sequences. It took way too long, so I ran out of patience by the time they did it again. The opening theme song is okay, but it's no Shiny Makeup. Episodes 27 and 28 are both Act 27 (parts 1 and 2), so episode 29 is Act 28. This got very confusing very quickly. Is it a bad thing that I was the most excited by the Witches 5? One other thing I liked is the triangulation of Mugen that uses the last names of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. As for any potential abridged jokes, Pluto in the opening theme could be like "I'm back, bitches!" and a reference to the Witches 5 resorting to murdering each other to get promoted (and the promotion was probably a lie to begin with).

Homestuck ended (at least until he comes out with the epilogue), but we are left with more questions than answers. Collide and Act 7 were great animations, but I felt disappointed that there weren't any panels with dialog. The team that does "Let's Reads" hasn't updated any of their projects in months, so that may not be a thing anymore either. Hopefully the store will remain open at least through the rest of the year because merch will continue to be relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment