Sunday, August 30, 2015

Rolling Ahead

September looks to be a busy month for me, so I'm going to put as much planning as I can into the two stories I have to do before I write them. I might even make them into a two-parter depending on where the narrative takes me. The second story is going to begin with a flashback to unseen events regardless. I haven't finished the concept art completely in terms of coloring, but I should probably get some different colored pencils in order to do it. I'm out of a certain color, and bold variations of the colors of the rainbow are called for on the first cover. Additionally, I may just decide to lump all the stories in each series into one volume, so it's possible I'll have to make new covers for them or just pick an existing one from each.

I finished watching the second team's run in Trial of the Take, in which Wil Wheaton rolled a natural 20 and then rolled low for most of the rest of the time (the crit was for an insight check). The chat is in the habit of sending real weapons to the cast, most recently a wrist-mounted flamethrower (which uses flashpaper) for Tiberius (Orion), much to everyone's horror. Once again, Taliesin's reaction was priceless, especially when the note went on to promise a version of his gun for him. "Oh my f*cking God, we're going to die."

I saw some slides of parts of the script for the Power Rangers movie, and I didn't like what I saw. It's not that it's bad per se, but it just doesn't ring true for the characters. It would work with original characters, but these just aren't the Rangers I grew up with. It suffers from the same problem as Teen Titans Go!, that the people making it are just cashing in on the nostalgia value rather than producing all original characters for their warped fantasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment