Saturday, May 23, 2015

Kingdom Hearts Replacements

I've been thinking about who they could cast to replace Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts 3. The first name that popped into my head was Christopher Lloyd, perhaps because of his roles in Anastasia and Duck Tales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. If that seems too out there for you, my next thought was Jim Cummings. Like Cory Burton, he often fills in for other actors and is already an actor on the project. The reason I thought of him and not Cory Burton is that Cory Burton is already covering for Christopher Lee as Ansem the Wise (who already sounds too much like another character of his, Yen Sid, and Jim would no doubt fall into the same trap). I'm not sure what they'll do over in Japan. The actor playing Young Xehanort is the son of the actor who played Master Xehanort, so maybe they might have him alter his voice a bit to sound more like his father and take on his role as well. That probably wouldn't happen, though, let alone having the American actor for Young Xehanort Ben Diskin fill in for Leonard Nimoy.
I had a dream about who the rest of the new Organization XIII might be. They might be replicas of the original Organization members that Xehanort was unable to completely corrupt (apparently, Braig and Isa had a lust for power or some shit). Anyway, the fight breaks out, and their real counterparts realize what Xehanort has done, that he had managed to get his hands on Even's research after all. This causes the group to get a little mad at Even for creating replicas in the first place, to which he replies, "I regret nothing."
Every time someone talks about the Lost Masters in Kingdom Hearts X[chi] (or Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key), it makes me think about the Lost Twenty from Star Wars Episode II. Count Dooku was one of them, and he was played by Christopher Lee. I don't have a point, but I think it's a great coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment