Saturday, September 20, 2014

Make It Stop

ERod came back as the Blockbuster Buster and so had to dedicate his first video in three months to JW. With each new reminder I keep getting pulled back into the sadness, but I guess as long as Linkara has a yellow hat on his bookshelf it'll never really go away (ever). ERod's Honest Reviews were great during his hiatus (and by that I mean I watched the Harry Potter one). Before that, though, the Teen Titans review during DC-cember was a great follow-up for people who had seen Linkara's Teen Titans comics review. I like how he considered the relationship between Robin and Raven to be like two police detectives (that is to say partners). Immediately I thought of Benson and Stabler from Law & Order SVU. Then immediately after that I felt horrible because I realized I was comparing Raven to Benson and guess what they have in common? Why couldn't I have thought of Goren and Eames from Criminal Intent instead? (Probably because Goren was Thor in Adventures in Babysitting, and Thor is from Marvel comics.)

Anyway, since I haven't had any updates from Pokemonstrosity in a long time, I decided to check out the Pokemon abridged series from 1KidsEntertainment instead. They scream too much, which was not doing my headache any favors. I like Nowacking's voice, though. Misty is the only sensible one (except maybe Pikachu, who is a pyro), and I like what they did to make Jenny and Joy's characters seem incompetent but not in a mean way.

The Peter Pan skit from SNL with Jim Parsons was hysterical. I am digging the Tonk, and pairing her with Gus-Gus was great. But even if the whole thing had sucked, it was funny just to see Parsons dressed like Peter Pan (unlike when Howard was so very clearly Robin Hood in that one episode of TBBT).

After watching part 16 of Krillin Plays Outlast (or Vegeta Makes Krillin Play Outlast) by TeamFourStar's Lanipator, there should be an amv of "Freeze Ray" about Krillin and Android 18. Also, an OHSHC amv of Haruhi and Tamaki to the opening number of Adventures in Babysitting. I don't quite care enough about the first one to do it, and the second should be handled by a professional like ManitouG15.

King of the Nerds returned for its second season, but Marzgurl was nowhere to be found. Oh well. While it was appropriate to have Zod give his opinion of Man of Steel, Doug didn't really explain how Zod survived the events of To Boldly Flee in order to do so. That pretty much means Trell and Mechakara could come back anytime Spoony and Linkara feel like it but they probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment