Saturday, September 20, 2014

CSI Rant

What happened to half the lab techs? The ones who aren't in the opening credits are never around anymore and the main cast is always doing their jobs. I hope they haven't been fired. I miss Archie (I don't know if he's off being Kai in the team-up or not). And I hope they're not getting rid of Morgan either because that would suck. Tv.com listed the actors in the main cast who had renewed their contracts and her name wasn't on there. Please renew your contract, Elizabeth, if you haven't already. I don't want Morgan to be dead next season.
Update: And Morgan lives to see another season. Yay!

I am not just preoccupied with Morgan from CSI just because of who the actress is. I can really relate to the character of Morgan Brody. Sure I talk about how she still kind of is Alice [from Adventures in Wonderland] based on her personality, but it's so much more than that. She was introduced as Eckly's estranged daughter through a divorce. Apparently she has unresolved issues toward him due to the way he told her as a child about the divorce (over sundaes). I was mad at my father for my parents' divorce too, so I can relate. If she can be this so-called "angry girl" (see last season's finale that got her kidnapped in the first place) and still be a princess of heart, maybe there's hope for me yet. Her kindness and empathy, however, have been a detriment to her downfall as of late. In the first two episodes of this season, she has been fooled by the bad guy. These people garnered sympathy from her by claiming to be victims and setting themselves up to be victims, and as an investigator she had to investigate their claims rather than realize what we as the audience can identify as a see-through performance. This makes sense given Alice being a princess of heart in Kingdom Hearts, but being trusting and naive will only get you into trouble here. When Terra seems like less of a dumbass by comparison, it's not a good sign. Also, I think all the lab techs are gone save for Henry and Hodges. They keep doing Archie's job and I don't like it. The script suffers as well.

I can't imagine CSI without Captain Brass, but I guess he's decided to leave too (Archie is in Chicago PD doing the same job he did in Vegas). No big cliffhangers here either, unless you count the escaped cannibal and Ecklie's hang-up about being sheriff and not wanting to cause a panic. Morgan, fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment