Saturday, September 20, 2014

NCIS Rant

The actresses playing Kate and Jenny both had their characters killed off when they left the show. They went on to do other things and landed on shows Rizzoli & Isles and Motive, respectively. On each of these shows they both play the resident medical examiner. Look out, Ducky, they are after your job.

I'm glad NCIS didn't end on a cliffhanger for once. It's almost weird, though, but at least no big questions or concerns were hanging over our heads for months while we waited for season 12. Too bad we had to say goodbye to Ziva and Gibbs Sr. As usual, people dislike the replacement, but as the show is going in a new direction (and a new spin-off) I don't mind it as much. When Ziva was the replacement, the characters and audience took a whole season to get used to her and some still didn't like her (granted her half-brother did kill Kate). But Ziva stuck around for nine years and people were sad to see her leave. In season 11 we saw much of the same, with Tony and McGee insisting they didn't need anyone else on the team and didn't want anyone else either. I often point to Ziva when explaining my stance on Venus from Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. Both of them were new to America and didn't understand American idioms or slang; both had undergone tragedies with loved ones being murdered; and both of them kicked ass. NCIS is just written better.

I still wonder if Kort will ever come back the way they were talking trash about him a few episodes ago. I'm not obsessed with him, but I feel sorry for him. I've taken what I've learned about David Fisher and projected it onto his character for whatever fic I do write about him. Just check out his YouTube channel and you'll see what he's all about.

*Looks at post count so far; looks at remaining save file* It's still not getting any smaller!  >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment