Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Kingdom Hearts OC

I'm trying to do a self-insert fic for Kingdom Hearts, but this time I'm making it a musical in the style of Moulin Rouge - meaning that I'm just taking existing song lyrics and working them into the story. In some cases it's just part of a song and in others it's the whole thing. So far it's got "All the Same" by Sick Puppies, Angela Lansbury's post-9/11 version of "Not While I'm Around" by Stephen Sondheim, the first ending theme from Naruto, the beginning part of "A Man's Gotta Do" from Dr. Horrible, and Nightwish's "Sleeping Sun" (which I originally thought was called Setting Sun when I downloaded the midi years ago). I even tied all of them together at the end. I typically don't do this, so it's weird. That being said, I have written normal fan fiction for it as well. One of the major differences between the two versions is how my OC loses her heart; in the musical, Xehanort spikes her tea and stabs her when she's unconscious because it's more dramatic that way (in the regular version she's just walking around town and gets jumped by Heartless like all the other normal people).
In a supplementary part of the fan fic, I have my character deal with the heart disease that I have, except I didn't make her have the surgery that I did. Those are the drastic measures Even mentions when he lets her leave - either a defibrillator/pacemaker (which I have in reality) or the surgery involving burning parts of the electrical pathways in my heart until the problem is found and fixed (which I didn't have because of the high risk and cost). It's one of the ways I'm coping with it.

I re-captioned this still of Ansem the Wise. It's what I'd want him to say if Maleficent came back and came after them (because after Terra and Riku, Ienzo would probably be next).
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/ShadowGalactica/HPreference_zps05a727d6.png

Why do I like Team Vexen? I think it's cute how Vexen uses "watashi" when he could just as easily use "ore" in Japanese, even though he can still be creepy as hell in either language. People seem to think he's a lot worse than he probably is because he's overzealous about scientific experiments, but I think there's still a line he wouldn't cross. Zexion uses "boku," which for a teenager is also cute (Ryou uses that pronoun too). He tries to act calm and collected, but he's just as lost as the rest of them. Lexaeus is a giant teddy bear. He can hurt people when he lashes out, so that's probably why he meditates. I think they are all sweet in their own way. I like Xaldin too, but in the beginning I had trouble writing stories for him. Now I find it a bit easier, even if I still don't quite know what his deal is.
I want to make this: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/ShadowGalactica/combination_zps80ad7cf0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment