Saturday, September 20, 2014

This Is Halloween

For the past two years my area has been blighted by snow on or near Halloween. The first time I thought it was great because the government wanted to change the celebration of Halloween to the weekend before and it made that impossible. People still thought it was a great idea though, even the kids. So I wrote a Nightmare Before Christmas poem about it. The second year in a row however, I'm guessing the novelty would have been lost on our beloved Pumpkin King, but I have no immediate plans on writing another poem for obvious reasons. This year, however, has been mild and above average, but it still doesn't feel like Halloween yet.Where was I? Oh yeah, Halloween. Time for stuff like scary movies and comics and for writing creepypasta fan fics apparently. Most people don't think I like this kind of stuff but I do. When I was a kid my favorite non-Disney character was Wednesday Addams. If you've seen any of The Addams Family media or Nostalgia Chick's reviews, you'll see how awesome she is. And, whether you like it or not, it's time to do The Monster Mash.
I've been trying to make it feel like Halloween by adding scary elements to situations where they weren't there originally. For instance, the part of the Kingdom Hearts games where you have to collect Ansem Reports could have been more awesome and creepy if played like the Slender games. Just imagine Sora running around in Hollow Bastion or the Realm of Darkness trying to collect pages while being stalked by Xemnas or whichever enemy you like from Final Mix. Sora of course can choose to fight back, unlike in the Slender games, but the secret final bosses are always more difficult in Final Mix than they are in the games they actually appear in.
On a more positive note I'm really enjoying RWBY. It's kind of weird that one of Carden's team looks like Braig before all the Xehanort stuff happened to him. Does that mean Monty likes Kingdom Hearts? (Update: Yes. He made Dead Fantasy and included Kairi and Namine.) Either way, my favorite characters are Ruby and Blake, and it amuses me that the voices of Tex, Wash, and Caboose are teachers at this school. Why would you put any of them in charge of children? But speaking of Kingdom Hearts, David Dayan Fisher (who plays Kort on NCIS) voices Xaldin and played Shaw in National Treasure. Even more interesting that TvTropes lists Kort as a Knight Templar and Shaw was after the Templar treasure. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment