Saturday, September 20, 2014

2.5 Men and Warehouse 13

They should stop calling it Two and a Half Men. A: Jake is an adult now. B: He might actually be written off the show. We all know the actor has spoken out against the show and its vulgarity before recanting his statement. Jake being transferred to Japan might be a way of writing him off the show (unless he keeps having Skype chats with his dad from time to time since he wasn't on the show much this season anyway). It's not the only show to have a character graduate high school and then appear in less episodes - on Castle, his daughter is away at college and only shows up sometimes, giving the actress time to work on whatever else she wants to do with her life as well. I'd assume the actor playing Jake is doing the same. Not only in deference to him, but also because I think the show has gone downhill and the jokes are like beating a dead horse, I have not made much of an effort to catch new episodes. Besides old jokes show up in one of Chuck Lorre's shows The Big Bang Theory, which recently saw Leonard slap Sheldon off-screen like Charlie used to do to Alan. I'd hate to have to stop watching that show too because I really do like it for the most part (although I am also starting to enjoy it less after what happened last season).

My deadly arrhythmia interrupted my viewing of the DVD of the first half of season four of Warehouse 13, but I don't think it's worth it to try again. I don't want to see Artie go crazy and kill Lena. The second half was fine and I liked the way it ended for the most part, but then season five was the absolute worst according to the synopses. I'm not even going to borrow it again for the commentary (because they went nuts and did a commentary on every single episode in the first half of season four). The only reason I'd borrow the fifth season is if it had season four's Christmas episode since those got bumped. Actually, the best part of the DVD of the second half of season four (besides season three's Christmas episode) is the bonus online video series, especially the part with Richard Epcar, Yuri Lowenthal, and Todd Haberkorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment