Saturday, September 20, 2014

Foxtrot and Famous People

It's too bad the comic only runs on Sundays now. It also would've been nice if they had an animated series like the one Dilbert got. If they made one, this is who I'd cast:
Jason - Tara Strong
Denise - Peggy O'Neal
Nicole - Michelle Ruff
Marcus - Khary Payton
Paige - Terri Hawks
Miss O'Malley - Lara Jill Miller
Andy - Sally Field
Roger - Ryan Stiles
Peter - Greg Cipes
Morton - Sam Vincent
Eileen - Ashley Johnson
Phoebe - Nicole Oliver
Eugene - Brad McDonald
Hawkins - Alex Hood
Steve - Matt Hill
Andy's mom - Pauline Newstone

(Never gonna happen, I know.) I've never met anyone famous, but I'd really like to. Okay, so that's not entirely true, but each of those times the audience was never allowed to talk to or interact in any way with those people outside of the performance. I have an empty autograph book in my desk drawer at home that's been sitting there for well over a decade. And someday I will use it, dammit!! I haven't the drive to go to cons, though, which is probably part of the problem. I've had bad experiences staying in hotels, and it's a long trip to anywhere (although NY, Jersey, and wherever Connecticon is are probably closer). Now those who know me would probably think I would most want to meet Ted Lewis/Ed Paul. They would be absolutely correct. But I don't think I would want to hug him - that would be too weird. A simple handshake would suffice. Although I would probably hug Johnny Yong Bosch if given the chance. (How not to approach JYB at a con http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwcHoBkMEE)

No comments:

Post a Comment