Friday, September 19, 2014

Lost and Found

When I was a kid, I once had a nightmare that I could only borrow one book from the school library (this much was true since at the time I was in first grade, and at my elementary school we were only allowed to borrow the number of books according to grade level) and I couldn't decide between two of the Mr. Frog and Mr. Toad stories. The library was closing soon and I was quite upset. So I guess I've always been a nerd. Here are some other books I liked to read back then:

Morris's Disappearing Bag by Rosemary Wells (invisibility cloak FTW!)
Corduroy by Don Freeman
The Crayon Box that Talked by Shane DeRolf, illustrated by Michael Letzig
Earthquake Terror by Peg Kehret
The Absolutely True Story: How I Visited Yellowstone Park with the Terrible Rupes by Willo Davis Roberts
Shape-changer by Bill Brittain
The Boxcar Children series by Gertrude Chandler Warner (fave: Mystery on the Ice)
The Babysitters Club series by Ann M. Martin (fave: Babysitters' Fright Night)
Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene (fave: The Clue of the Leaning Chimney)

I may have previously stated that my favorite Shelby Woo novelization was the Rock'n'Roll Robbery, but I once had to do a school project wherein I had to create a board game based around a book of my choosing, and House Arrest lent itself more to that. Both were written by Lydia C. Marano (but David Coby Weiss co-wrote Rock'n'Roll Robbery).
Then of course there is my favorite novelization of all, Snow Day. The way Mel Odom interpreted it is just so perfect and fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment