Friday, September 19, 2014

Meh

Item one: Sam and Cat. Saw the ad but didn't watch the show because I don't believe in it. I don't buy them being best friends even if Sam did save Cat from the back of a garbage truck. What happened to their respective best friends in their own shows hm? After all, this is just another spin-off in a long line of spin-offs. All That spun off in three directions - All That the newer version, Kenan and Kel, and The Amanda Show. The newer version of All That spawned Zoey 101 and that's it as far as I know. The Amanda Show spun off into Drake and Josh, which spun off into iCarly, which spun off and combined with Victorious and ultimately produced this. Don't get me wrong, I liked their crossover (or at least the theme song mash-up) but this just doesn't grab my attention in a good way. I feel like cable channels give certain shows too many time slots and end up showing the same episodes way too often. Like every time I see the episode of iCarly called "iPie" I get hungry for pie, even though I don't like coconut.

Item two: I read the first MLP novelization (yes there will be more with the next one being about Pinkie Pie). I was not as impressed with it as other reviewers were, but I still found things about it I liked. I had to suspend my disbelief a lot for it, though. The Doctor isn't in it but Derpy/Ditzy is, described only as gray Pegasus with lemon yellow mane who asks Mr. Cake for muffins during his cupcake sale only to be disappointed and then accidentally tripped by the twins. It's kind of like those Power Rangers novelizations of the 90s - if the mane 6 are the Rangers, then Gilda and Trixie are Bulk and Skull. Allow that to sink in for a moment.

Finally, item three: Colbert-Busch lost to her rival, who had to be in court the next day to answer to charges for breaking into his ex-wife's house. Apparently voters found him more relatable. I guess the Colbert Bump couldn't help her as it had allegedly helped others, but then again Stephen wasn't successful in running for office in their home state either. They're actually Democrats even though Stephen's on-air persona is Republican. I could never write a fully sarcastic essay in one of my essay-writing classes the way Colbert does his show. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment